Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where’s my Political Party?

I am a registered Democrat who has not voted for a democrat since I voted for anyone but Richard Nixon…both times. I registered as a Democrat for the following reasons:

Ÿ There were only two parties to choose from
Ÿ My parents were Democrats
In my time the Republicans were known as the “White Collar” (Rich people) party while the Democrats were known as the “Blue Collar” (Working class) party.

I registered to vote in 1968 (we had to be 21 back then). I, as well as my parents, would be considered conservatives since we believe in traditional
Family values; marriage was a union between a man and a woman; gun ownership was okay as the 2nd amendment guaranteed; the 1st amendment protected our “Freedom of Speech” NOT “freedom of expression”” which allows the burning of our flag; the 1st amendment also provided us with “freedom of Religion” NOT “Freedom FROM Religion; we were anti-abortion…which was not an issue in my day since out-of-wedlock pregnancy was a stigma and the pregnant one would usually have the baby and either keep it or give it up for adoption. Only the true “Sluts” of the day would seek illegal abortions. We recited the pledge of allegiance and prayed to God and we were proud to do so. We paid our taxes and lived within our means. Parents were both morally and financially responsible for their children under 18 and therefore, were entitled to know what their kids were doing.

I do not know when the two parties started to change their designations…with the Democrats known as Liberals and Republicans referred to as Conservatives, that fact did spawn the “Independent” party and as the two parties became Radicalized, I became worried but still did not change my affiliation. It bothered me more when all of a sudden there were no more Conservative Democrats (only moderates) and no more Liberal Republicans (only progressives). And who leads my old, Democratic parties? Radical extremists like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Janet Napolitano, Rosa Brooks, Joe Biden and Barack Hussein Obama have hijacked my party and I am considered a Dangerous Right-Wing Radical Element because I do not agree with them.

When is this going to stop? When are “Normal” people going to wrest the reins from the malicious hands of these jerks? Hopefully before the completely ruin our country. I guess we asked for this by tolerating the radical left wing views of many collegian educators who were and are allowed to discriminate against young Republicans…or any young persons who do not believe as they believe. I hate to say this, but I can make analogies of these educators to propagators of the “Hitler Youth” movement.

Maybe Texas has it right. If they do secede from the union, it may be the only place to go and still be able to partake of the “American Dream”.

No comments:

Post a Comment